Korean Air recently announced they’ll start a new non-stop service to the United States with the addition of service to Houston. This flight will be operated by one of their Boeing 777 planes equipped with First, Business and Coach class service.
This means there is a new route to Asia on an award with Korean Air and their partner’s miles. Especially good news for Delta flyers given the changes to the Delta Business Class award this past week.
So a quick look at award availability and the results are showing plenty of days where you can pick up 2 award seats in First Class using Korean miles (sorry Delta flyers-you can only redeem for Business Class).
Business Class is harder to find. I logged into my Korean Air account and was able to find availability on the May 2nd (the inaugural flight from Houston) for 52,500 in Prestige Class (Business) or 62,500 in Prestige Sleeper (First) seat.
Korean Air will begin service to Houston in May of 2014 opening more award routes to Asia and beyond.
I’m looking forward to my next Korean Air flight in the near future. Have you ever flown Korean Air? Do you have any upcoming travel planned with Korean Air?
If you are looking to rack up Korean Air miles an easy way is transfer Ultimate Rewards points to Korean Air or pick up Korean Air’s own SKYPASS Visa® Signature Credit Card where you can earn bonus miles after meeting minimum spend.
- Korean Air Business Class to Incheon
- Korean Air Business Class from Incheon
- Seoul Incheon Airport Transfer and Korean Air Business Class Lounge
- Delta’s New First/BusinessElite Award Chart Analysis
- Update On Delta And Korean Codeshare Flights
- It’s Happening – Korean And Delta Make Big Changes To “Partnership” Codeshare Flights
- Korean Air & Hyatt Team Up To Offer “KAL Premium Arrival Shower Service”
- Delta Slashes Korean Air Accrual While Korean Air Expands In The US
- Korean Air Expands A380 Service From New York And Los Angeles
- New Korean Air Maldives Route – Inaugural Flight Award Availability
- Korean Air Secrets – 80k Europe Business Class Award
- Korean Air Secrets – 60,000 First Class To French Polynesia From Hawaii
- Book a Business Class Award To French Polynesia for 90,000 From U.S