This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Citi ThankYou points have just become more valuable. They’ve now introduced the option to transfer ThankYou points into 8 global airline loyalty programs vastly expanding the use of points in your ThankYou accounts. Granted, some of these airlines are already transfer partners of American Express, like Cathay Pacific AsiaMiles, and even Singapore which is a transfer partner of American Express and Chase. So I see the sweet spots in these programs will be even easier to attain because it will be easier to get miles into those accounts with all the transfer options.
Citi ThankYou Transfer Options
Citi has recently added 8 new airline transfer partners in addition to the Hilton transfer option. The 8 new airlines are:
- Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
- EVA Air Infinity MileageLands
- Etihad Guest
- Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
In addition, they currently allow transfers to Hilton as well.
Citi ThankYou Offers
Here is a run down of some of the current Citi ThankYou offers which you can consider if looking to earn Citi ThankYou points relatively quickly with sign up bonuses. Important to note that only the Premier card, the Citi Prestige® and Citi Chairman® cardmembers are eligible for points transfers to airline partners.
Citi ThankYou® Premier Card – Up To 50,000 Bonus Points
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases, earn another 30,000 after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year
- $0 annual fee first year, $125 after that
- Earn 3x on dining and entertainment, 2x on airfare and hotels, 1x points on all spending
Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card — Earn 20,000 Bonus Points
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after $1,500 in spending in 3 months of account opening
- No annual fee
- Earn 2x points on dining and entertainment, 1x points on other purchases
- Earn 2,500 bonus points after meeting $500 in spending in the first 3 months
- $0 annual fee
- Earn 2x points on dining and entertainment; 1x points on other spending
The addition of 8 new airline transfer partners in addition to the Hilton Transfer program is a great enhancement to the Citi ThankYou program. With the generous category bonuses, this is a great way to earn more miles for use with airline programs.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.