This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Each week, we will be taking a look at airline elite status level and the benefits that come with it and how to leverage earning the status.
Overview of Delta Platinum Medallion Status
So for this week, we are going to look at Delta Platinum Medallion, which normally requires either 75,000 miles or 100 segments.
How to Earn:
(1) 75,00 Medallion Qualifying Miles
(2) 100 Medallion Qualifying Segments
(3) plus $9,000 in Medallion Qualifying Dollars
- Complimentary Comfort+ Seats at time of booking for U.S. And International Travel
- Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades 5 day out on discounted fares
- Unlimited Complimentary Companion Upgrades
- Complimentary Preferred Seats
- Waived Same-Day Confirmed and Same-Day Standby Fees
- 100% Full Fare First/Business Class MQM Bonus (F, J Fares)
- 50% Discounted First/Business/Premium Economy MQM Bonus (P, A, G, C, D, I, Z, Y and B Fares)
- Unlimited Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles
- Waived Baggage Fees
- Priority Check-In, Priority Boarding, and Security
- Waived Award Redeposit/Reissue Fees
- Choice of 1 Delta Choice Benefit including Upgrade Certificates, Bonus Miles, $200 Delta voucher, etc.
- Earn 9 SkyMiles per $1 spent
And, you can Earn Miles and Starpoints for Starwood Stays through their Crossover Rewards partnership.
Other Ways To Earn:
The easiest way to earn Delta Medallion Qualifying miles is through their co-branded American Express cards. With the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express, you earn 10,000 MQMs with your first purchase and can earn 15,000 MQMs after spending $30,000 and another 15,000 MQMs after spending 60,000. With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you earn 5,000 MQMs with you spend $1,000 and can earn 10,000 MQMs after spending $25,000 and another 10,000 MQMs after spending $50,000.
Delta Platinum Medallion offers some great perks when it comes to airline elite status. The unlimited complimentary upgrade benefit is great and can be useful depending on the routes you fly, as a Platinum you’re nearly at the top of the list. You can also take advantage of the waived same day confirm and standby fees to switch flights on the day of travel. It’s also nice to be able to cancel award tickets and redeposit the miles last-minute and not be charged a fee.
What’s your favorite Delta Platinum Medallion benefit?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.