This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
The Ritz Carlton Shops has a sweepstakes going for “a chance to receive a complimentary two-night stay with us, courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton® Shops.” You can submit for your chance to WIN A TWO-NIGHT RITZ-CARLTON EXPERIENCE here.
Win 2 Nights At Any Ritz Carlton
Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A two (2) consecutive night stay for winner and a guest at any Ritz-Carlton. The maximum ARV of the Grand Prize is USD$1,700.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. and D.C who are at least 18 years old or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence, whichever is greater, as of 11/1/15. Begins 10:00 a.m. ET 11/1/15; ends 2:00 p.m. ET 11/30/15. For complete Official Rules and eligibility, visit: https://www.ritzcarltonshops.com/experience/rules.html. For a list of winners available for ninety (90) days after 12/31/15, send SASE to: The Ritz-Carlton Shops Sweepstakes 2015, 208 Passaic Ave (ATT: Winners List), Fairfield, NJ 07004 USA. VT residents may omit return postage. Sponsor: Hotels at Home, Inc.
The Ritz-Carlton Shops Sweepstakes 2015 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state, local and municipal laws. Sweepstakes begins on November 1, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. United States Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 30, 2015 at 2:00 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Please visit http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ or other world time database to determine local time. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Ritz-Carlton Shops Sweepstakes 2015 (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) who, as of November 1, 2015, are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their respective states/jurisdictions of permanent residence, whichever is greater. Employees, officers, and directors of Hotels at Home, Inc., (“Sponsor”), Marriott International, Inc. (“Marriott”), Ritz-Carlton (“Ritz-Carlton”), ViralSweep LLC (“ViralSweep”), and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor: The Sponsor is Hotels at Home, Inc., 208 Passaic Ave., Fairfield, NJ 07004 USA.
3. How to Enter: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. To enter, visit https://www.ritzcarltonshops.com/experience and complete all required fields of the onscreen registration form to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
To earn additional entries into the Sweepstakes, after you have submitted the registration form, share the Sweepstakes and for every Sweepstakes entry submitted through your share link, you will receive one (1) additional entry. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address via the registration form. Limit fifty (50) additional entries per person/email address throughout the Sweepstakes period. No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Entries must be received by 2:00 p.m. ET on November 30, 2015 to be included in the random drawing. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. Selection of Winners: On or about December 7, 2015, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor. The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified via email on or about December 14, 2015. Potential winner will be sent via email, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (where legal) (“Affidavit/Declaration”) and will be required to complete, sign and return Affidavit/Declaration via email/fax within seven (7) days of being notified in order to claim their prizes.
If a potential winner fails to return the required document within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, that potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and that prize will remain un-awarded,
Potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1): A two (2) consecutive night stay for winner and a guest at any Ritz-Carlton. The maximum ARV of the Grand Prize is USD$1,700.
The maximum total ARV of all prizes is USD$1,700. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
Prize Restrictions: Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if any advertised prize (or portion of a prize) becomes unavailable. Winners are responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. Grand and First, Prize winners who are U.S. residents will be issued a 1099 tax form for the actual retail value of prize. The ARV of any prize listed is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules, and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. If the actual purchase price of a prize is less than the ARV stated herein, the prize winner will NOT be entitled to a check, cash or other form of payment for the price difference. For Grand Prize, reservation at a Ritz-Carlton hotel is for a standard double occupancy room with a maximum value of $850/night. Transportation to/from Grand Prize winner’s residence/hotel is not included as part of prize.Stay must take place within one year of prize award or prize will be forfeited. All fees and expenses (such as security fees, gratuities, luggage fees, meals and ground transportation, and incidental charges) related to acceptance and uses of the stay prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the winners. Certain restrictions and blackout dates apply. Stay may not be combined with any other offer. Major credit card required at check-in to cover any incidental charges. Each winner’s guest (or winner as parent/legal guardian of guest if he/she is a minor in his/her state/province of primary residence and winner’s child/charge) may be required to execute a release of liability prior to stay. Grand Prize winners and each of their guests must possess valid travel documents (i.e., a valid government-issued photo ID, passport, etc.). Grand Prize winners and their guests are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Stay is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier(s) or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same.
In the event a Prize winner and/or his/her guest engage(s) in behavior during stay that (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor’s services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the stay early, and send that Prize winner and/or his/her guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Prize winner and/or his/her guest (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in that Prize winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event a Prize winner or his/her guest engage(s) in behavior during stay that (as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects that Prize winner or his/her guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Prize winner or his/her guest as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF A PRIZE WINNER’S OR HIS/HER GUEST’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
7. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, the prizes will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor, ViralSweep, and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in their sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation up to the time of the impairment.
8. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, ViralSweep, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNERS GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO THEIR AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, ENTRY, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST OR DIGITAL COMMUNICATION) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR THEIR DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
10. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey or the appropriate State Court located in New Jersey in the United States; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey in the United States, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New Jersey in the United States or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey in the United States.
11. Privacy: Information collected from entrants is subject to the Sponsor’s Privacy Policies, which can be found at http://www.marriott.com/about/privacy.mi. Entrants should be aware that Sponsor may be collecting non-public, personally-identifiable information about them in connection with the operation of the Sweepstakes. Subject to applicable law, Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or Sweepstakes that Sponsor think may be of interest. Sponsor will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors.
12. Official Rules and Winners List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://www.ritzcarltonshops.com/experience/rules.html For a list of winners available for ninety (90) days after December 31, 2015, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Ritz-Carlton Shops Sweepstakes 2015, 208 Passaic Ave (ATT: Sweepstakes Winners), Fairfield, NJ 07004 USA. Vermont residents may exclude return postage.
Hotels at Home, Inc. shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2015 Hotels at Home. Marriott® and Ritz-Carlton® and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Marriott International, Inc. or other owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.