This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
United Airlines is a launching an award sale for flights to/from Sydney, Australia for travel between February 2, 2016, and June 22, 2016. MileagePlus members can save up to 25% off saver awards to Australia if booked by January 28, 2016.
Book your next trip to Sydney, Australia with our Saver Awards sale
For a limited time, enjoy a 20 – 25 percent discount on roundtrip MileagePlus Saver Awards in United Economy when you travel from the U.S. or Canada to Sydney, Australia. Book by January 28, 2016, and travel between February 2, 2016, and June 22, 2016, to take advantage of the discounted rates.
Book: January 7 – January 28, 2016
Travel: February 2, 2016 – June 22, 2016
- Note: This table shows mileage rates for roundtrip flights. For one-way itineraries, the regular (non-sale) price still applies
As an example, I was able to find an award for 60,000 United MileagePlus miles roundtrip from Los Angeles to Sydney.
Terms and Conditions:
- Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on January 28, 2016.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after February 2, 2016, and completed on or before June 22, 2016.
- Blackout dates: None
- 25 percent discount is valid for travel on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- 20 percent discount is valid for travel on Friday and Saturday.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) or Canada and Sydney, Australia.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The discounted Saver Award is combinable with other award types as long as the itinerary is roundtrip (e.g., a member can book a Standard Award for the outbound portion of an itinerary and a Saver Award for the return portion, or vice versa) but only the flight segments purchased with a Saver Award will be eligible for a discount.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- The discounted Saver Awards are available to all MileagePlus members.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Qualifying existing award tickets may be reissued, upon request, to the award sale mileage. They are subject to the award change policy, including any applicable service fees.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government-imposed taxes and fees, passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 per roundtrip; September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government-defined stopover, for awards for air transportation originating at an airport in the U.S.; U.S. segment tax of $4.00 for each domestic segment (take-off and landing); U.S. excise tax of $17.70 for each international arrival and departure in the U.S.; U.S. inspection fees of up to $17.50 for each arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2015. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visit united.com/awards. Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
If you’re looking to go to Australia now through June, you may want to check out this sale from United. Report back if you end booking an award!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.