This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Southwest Airlines launched a deal with fares from $39 one way (and up) as well as points bookings. You have to book by May 4, 2017 for travel in the U.S. from between May 16, 2017 through June 14, 2017 and August 22, 2017 through November 1, 2017. Many of their routes are on sale, so if you have upcoming travel plans in the next few months, be sure to take a look.
Also, if you already have Southwest tickets booked, they’ll credit you back the difference in a voucher if your flights have gone on sale, making this a great deal!
If you’re looking to use points, Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer to Soutwest at a 1:1 ratio. Make sure to use a card that will earn you bonus points on your airline purchase, like the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express which earns you 3X points for flights booked with airlines! You can read all about the additional new benefits of this card here, like the new $100 airline fee credit!
Terms and Conditions:
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase from April 25 through May 4, 2017, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Domestic travel valid May 16 through June 14, 2017, and August 22 through November 1, 2017. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 6 through November 2, 2017.
- Domestic travel blacked out May 25-26, May 29, September 1 & September 4, 2017.
- Domestic travel is valid only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Travel to Florida and Nevada and from Florida to Nevada is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Florida and Nevada and from Nevada to Florida is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
Hat Tip: Running With Miles
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.