This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
From now through April 30th, Delta is offering a 50% bonus on purchased SkyMiles. This offer may be targeted but if you are looking for extra SkyMiles to top off an award, this may be a good option.
- For every 4,000 miles you buy, you’ll earn an additional 2,000 bonus miles
- You can buy up to 60,000 Delta SkyMiles through the Delta buy miles website
- You can earn up to 30,000 bonus miles
- From now through April 30
- Miles may be purchased for $0.035 USD per mile (minimum 2,000 miles) plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax
- An additional 5% GST and/or other applicable taxes apply to purchases by Canadian residents
- Buy Miles may only be received into SkyMiles accounts that have been established for at least 10 days and have earned at least one mile since enrolling in the SkyMiles program
Lets assume you wanted to max out this promotion by purchasing 60,000 SkyMiles to get a 30,000 bonus. The total cost of your purchased miles would be $2,100 ($.035 x 60,000 = $2,100) plus taxes and fees. Assuming you are looking to purchase a business class ticket to Europe this summer, this promotion may be a good option since 100,000 SkyMiles can get you a ticket to Europe in business class. So basically you will be 90% of the way towards a business class award to Europe with this promotion.
Sample business class fares to Rome in June are showing around $5,600 for the cheapest fare.
Delta has offered better bonuses on purchased SkyMiles in the past, so I wouldn’t jump at this promotion. However, if you are looking to top off your account for an award, it is worth checking your account at Delta to see if you are targeted for the 50% bonus on purchased miles.