This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
We are grateful if you use our links; thank you for your support!
Turkish Miles and Smiles program has introduced a limited time promotion to transfer miles at a rate of 1,000 miles for only $ 10 Euros. This promotion will allow members to transfer existing miles in their accounts to friends and family. With current exchange rates and the cost to transfer a mile, this brings down the cost of a Business Class ticket to Europe to only $1,386 plus taxes and fees. Not a bad price, but one catch, you have to already have miles in your account to transfer them.
But once you have the miles in your account, there is no limit to the amount of miles transferred or received through this promotion and you can transfer transferred miles again per the terms of the promotion.
How To Transfer Miles At $0.0132 Per Mile
Since the transfer cost is in Euros, U.S. members must factor in current exchange rates. This makes the cost to transfer a mile about $0.0132 at current rates.
- log-in to your account and click Transfer Miles under Other Applications on left menu bar
- All Miles&Smiles members can benefit from Transfer Miles
- There is no minimum and maximum mileage limit for transfer
- Members may transfer miles to their friends or family members as many as they want
- There is no limit for number of person
- All unused status and bonus miles can be transferred
- All types of miles are transferred as bonus miles
- Transfer miles do not affect the card levels of the members
- Transfer miles will be valid for 3 calendar years as the date of transfer
- Transfer miles can be transferred again
- Miles cost 10 Euro (including tax) for first 1.000 miles and after first 1000 miles, 0,01 Euro for per 1 miles
- Transferred miles and transfer fee are non-refundable
- Transfer Miles can be applied only from Miles&Smiles web site
- Transferred Miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the Miles&Smiles Program
- Transferred miles are posted immediately to the other member’s account
- SMS and e-mail message are sent to our members at the end of transfer
At a cost of miles $0.0132, this would make a round-trip business class ticket to Europe on Turkish Airlines, only $1,386 plus taxes and fees since the flight requires 105,000 miles. You can look at their award chart to figure out the required miles and cost for any desired destination you like.
With this transfer miles promotion, you can transfer 1,000 miles at a cost of 10 Euros. This makes the cost of a mile essentially $0.0132. The best part about this promotion is that you can transfer miles as much or as little as you’d like to get to a desired award level. This promotion is likely best for those with not enough miles in their account to get an award, but enough miles in family member accounts to get an award when you add all of the miles together.
The major challenge to transfer miles at this rate how do you get miles to transfer if you don’t fly Turkish or accumulate miles in their program.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.