This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
One of the most promising benefits of the SPG Platinum status after 50 nights, is the ability to redeem 10 suite night upgrades. I say promising because they are hit or miss. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to use any of my 10 suite night upgrades this year. That’s a bummer. I’ve tried and tried and tried, but no luck. It isn’t earthshattering to me when it doesn’t happen because I’ve actually significantly discounted the benefit in my mind. I’ve even gone to the point of booking two rooms, one as the primary and the other as backup-which is often used when we travel as a family.
Now SPG apparently agrees with me. They’d like me to see the suite night awards redeemed as well.
I’m going for lifetime Platinum with SPG this year and I have to admit, this relationship is starting to feel like the one I had with the Delta Medallion upgrade certificates. I got smart and stopped requesting those. But the suite nights are still there for those who stay in SPG hotels over the 50 night threshold.
So I’m going to give it a shot and try to upgrade using the suite upgrades later this month. Wish me luck.
What’s your upgrade percentage using the suite night upgrades? Do you wish there was another benefit to select instead? Maybe the ability to get a % off award stay coupon instead of the suite night awards? Choice is always good in my opinion. Be sure you use any suite night awards that you have left in your account before they expire.
- Go For Lifetime Starwood Platinum (Light) Status Or Not
- Starwood Crossover Rewards With Delta
- Starwood’s Cash + Points Option Plus Hotel Award Chart
- Starwood Nights & Flights Plus Airline Transfer Award Redemption Option
- SPG’s Fall Promotion Registration Open – SPG Take Two
- SPG Platinum Members To Get Unlimited Delta Upgrades
- Guess my 100th SPG Night Contest–Delta Tumi Giveaway
- W New York’s Free Upgrade & Two Drinks Special Offer