This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Just a reminder that today is Small Business Saturday. Make sure you Register all your American Express cards. Small Business Saturday supports small businesses and American Express is a founding partner. In years past, they used to give a $25 credit per card but now it’s only a $10 credit which is still decent.
You can earn a $10 statement credit for every American Express card you use, so if you have multiple cards be sure to register them all. To find small businesses you can view this map.
Registration is limited, so be sure to register before hitting the stores. To receive the $10 statement credit, the Card Member must use his or her registered Card to spend $10 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location today!
Terms and Conditions:
1. Limit one (1) $10 statement credit per American Express Card. To be eligible, Card Members must register any eligible American Express Card for this offer at ShopSmall.com. Corporate Cards and all prepaid Card products (other than American Express Serve®) are not eligible.
2. The number of registrations is limited. Registration opens at 12:00 A.M. MST (“Mountain Standard Time”) on November 24, 2013 and will continue until 11:59 P.M. MST on November 30, 2013, unless the registration limit is reached sooner.
3. To receive the $10 statement credit, the Card Member must use his or her registered Card to spend $10 or more in a single, in-store transaction at a qualifying small business location on Saturday, November 30, 2013. To receive the credit, the transaction must equal $10 or more (for example, if your transaction is only for $5, you will not receive a credit). Multiple transactions of less than $10 will not qualify even if the combined total of those transactions is over $10. You may purchase multiple items that together equal $10 or more, but you must purchase them in a single transaction to receive the statement credit. Online transactions do not qualify.
4. Qualifying small business locations appear on the Small Business Saturday® Map, available beginning on November 21, 2013 at ShopSmall.com. Please note that business location information provided on the Small Business Saturday Map may contain inaccuracies or errors, including as a result of information provided by third parties. Transactions with political campaigns or political action committees are not eligible, regardless of whether they appear on the Small Business Saturday Map.
5. If American Express does not receive information that identifies a transaction as having occurred in-store at a qualifying small business location on November 30, 2013, the transaction will not qualify for the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.
6. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after November 30, 2013, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information that identifies your transaction as a qualifying transaction if the items from your purchase are not all provided to you on November 30, 2013. For example, if you purchase an item that is not available until after November 30, 2013, that transaction will not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer.
7. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned or cancelled.
8. The Card Registration Terms and Conditions will also apply at enrollment. ATNX:0001
What are you plans for Small Business Saturday? I’m planning to buy some gift cards at some local restaurants. Feel free to share your plans for today!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.