This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Both The Business Platinum® Card from American Express OPEN and The Platinum Card® from American Express offer phenomenal lounge access benefits, however you may be wondering why you should choose the business version of the card.
Let’s start with the sign-up bonus, which is higher on this card. You’ll have the ability to earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards points.
You’ll earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of having the card.
Let’s take a look at the Top 5 perks of this card:
1. American Express Global Lounge Collection: Through their expansive network of lounges, you’ll have access to over 1,000 airport lounges in 120 countries. These include access to the American Express Centurion Lounges, a Priority Pass Select membership, and Delta SkyClub Access.
2. 35% Points Back on Redemptions: When redeeming your hard earned Membership Rewards points, for all or part of your flight with that airline, you’ll get a 35% rebate back to your account. This is an unique perk to this card, that the personal one doesn’t offer. You have the ability to earn up to 500,000 bonus points annually with this benefit.
3. 10 Free Gogo Wifi Passes Each Year: Who doesn’t love staying connected at 35,000 feet? With the business version of this card, you’ll get 10 free Gogo Wifi passes each year. You can select your passes online and they’re good for any of the airlines that offer Gogo Wifi, including Delta,
4. Higher Earning Ratio on Large Purchases: For those looking to do some major spending on their card, then you’re in luck. With the business version, you earn 1.5X points on purchases of over $5,000 or more.
5. Lower Annual Fee: You get the same lounge access privileges that the personal card gets, however the annual fee for this card is $450 a year, vs $550. You’ll save $100 a year annually over the personal card, so if lounge access is a key reason for choosing one of these cards, then this one will cost you less.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That’s 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 6/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees
What’s your favorite benefit of the Business Platinum Card from American Express? Feel free to share your thoughts below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.