This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
As I was reading the hard-hitting, thought-provoking USA Today this evening, I was pleasantly surprised to see a new offer from Delta. For the remainder of the year, Delta is offering double miles on Delta and Northwest flights. The promotion is from July 1 to December 31 and registration for the promotion must be completed by September 30.
Delta Double Miles Promotion
It appears that you do not have to use your Delta SkyMiles credit card to purchase the flight(s) based on this statement: “Delta and Northwest tickets may be purchased with any form of payment to qualify for the bonus offer.” Take a look at the terms and conditions for yourself to reach your own conclusion. I will purchase tickets with and without the card and report back on the results. Regardless, this is a great and easy way to earn miles. Go sign up!
Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: To participate in this offer, you must be a new or existing Basic Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmember from American Express and you must register online delta.com/double by September 30, 2009. The SkyMiles account associated with the primary Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account is the only account eligible for this bonus.
- Bonus Offer: Earn double flown miles on all qualifying Delta and Northwest marketed and operated paid flights flown between July 1 and December 31, 2009. Qualifying flights include any Delta, Northwest, Northwest Airlink (includes Mesaba, Pinnacle, and Compass) or Delta Connection® carrier flight. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than the Delta Connection and Northwest Airlink carriers are excluded from this offer. Bonus miles are based on the actual flight miles flown or the 500-mile minimum, whichever is greater. Class of service bonus or other elite bonus miles are not applicable. Tickets purchased prior to July 1, 2009, but flown between July 1, 2009 and December 31, 2009 will also earn bonus miles. Delta and Northwest tickets may be purchased with any form of payment to qualify for the bonus offer.
- Travel Period: Travel must be between July 1 and December 31, 2009. All travel must be completed by December 31, 2009.
- Award Travel: Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets.
- Additional Restrictions: Promotion is limited to Basic Cardmembers with the Classic, Gold or Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, the Delta SkyMiles Options Credit Card, the Delta Reserve Credit Card (Apply for the Delta Reserve card), as well as the Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card and the Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card.
- Miscellaneous: Bonus miles will post to the SkyMiles account of the qualifying member 6-8 weeks following travel date. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Offer void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers and benefits are subject to change without notice. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam® offers. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97061348.
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.