This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Most of you road warriors know that having the right travel gear can make or break your travel experience. Gary’s post has me thinking about my gear and what I’ve added this year. This year I’ve added a few extra items to my gear and will try out a few new items.
- The iPhone has been my smartphone of choice for over 2 years. The Palm Trio (Do they even still make those) was my phone for years because they had the physical keyboard. I was afraid my fingers would not get adjusted to the virtual keyboard on the iPhone, but it is quite the opposite. I do everything from blogging to playing words with friends on my iPhone. I love my iPhone.
- The iPad is a contender for space in my travel bag. I like the large screen and it is familiar to me since I have the iPhone. It will be an easy addition to my bag. I have a birthday coming up, so hopefully I’ll pick one up then.
- The Bose QuietComfort is my favorite noise cancelling headset. I purchased these about 2 years ago at full price. I may have to take advantage of the warranty because the cord that plugs into the music device is showing some wear. But these will remain my go to headset for traveling. I’ve even had someone offer me $20 to wear them for the flight when our seat mate was traveling with an infant.
- This year I upgraded my camera to the Canon PowerShot SX210-IS. It is small enough to travel with yet provides higher quality than my Casio and definitely beats the iPhone picture quality.
- I wrote about my go to Business, Long and Short haul travel bags earlier this month.
- The Briggs & Riley 21 inch one-touch carry-on* has been for over 2 years and will remain my go to business travel bag this year until it is unseated.
- I picked up a new portable Music Player since I don’t like to take my “Bambose” with me on the road (pictured below and was made by a local artist bigfatstarvingartist). I picked up the new portable electronic music player at Staples for $9.99.
- This year I picked up a new Power Adapter. I got this little guy for $3.95 from staples. No one will ever turn you away from a full power outlet in the airport with one of these little guys.
- Rick Steve’s packing cube set is our secret to never checking a bag. We picked several sets up about 5 years ago. They are sturdy, flexible and can hold as many clothes as you can jam in the little things. You can pick up a set at Rick Steve’s site* for $14.35.
I’ve picked up a few new items but no major changes this year. Anything I missed that you think is a cool gadget worth exploring?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.