This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Yesterday I shared how there were some interesting changes to Korean and Delta codeshare flights reported over at airlineroute net. The changes were interesting and had the potential to impact Delta members ability to earn MQMs on Korean flights, so I reached out to Delta for an official response. It turns out some of the issues were due to a technical error. Here is Delta’s official statement:
A technical issue affected select Delta-marketed Korean Air-operated flights resulting in the temporary removal of the Delta code from Korean Air operated non-stop flights. These flights have now been reinstated.
Delta has identified the impacted passenger records and is actively in the process of reinstating them on flights which are Delta-marketed Korean Air-operated non-stop flights operating from Incheon (ICN) to Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Seattle (SEA) and San Francisco (SFO) from August 28, 2013 through June 1, 2014.
Delta will continue to codeshare with Korean Airlines on the Incheon (ICN) to Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Seattle and San Francisco routes. That means Delta flyers can continue to earn MQMs on these codeshare flights by booking the Korean Airlines flight directly with Delta as a codeshare flight.
- It’s Happening – Korean And Delta Make Big Changes To “Partnership” Codeshare Flights
- Delta Slashes Korean Air Accrual While Korean Air Expands In The US
- Aloft To Asia – Korean Air Business Class To Incheon
- Aloft To Asia – Korean Air Business Class In Forward Cabin
- Korean Air – 60,000 miles for First Class Award to French Polynesia from Hawaii
- Korean Air – 90,000 miles for Business Class Award to French Polynesia from U.S. mainland
- Korean Air – 80,000 miles for Business Class Award to Europe from U.S.
- Korean Air & Hyatt Team Up To Offer “KAL Premium Arrival Shower Service”
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.