Earlier this month, Delta took delivery of their first 737-900 aircraft. This is the first of 12 737- 900 aircraft which will enter service through the end of 2014. These planes feature LED mood lighting as well as larger overhead bins.
Onboard, the 737-900 features 20 First Class seats at 37” pitch, 21 Economy Comfort seats at 34” pitch and 139 Economy seats averaging 31” pitch.
Currently, these aircraft do not have Gogo WiFi on them, as they have not been approved yet by the FAA, so keep that in mind if you have an upcoming trip on one of these birds. Also these planes do not currently have Satellite TV on them, but should be getting that added to their AVOD system sometime in 2014. This was partially due to the
- 20 First Class seats keep you comfortable mile after mile
- 21 “Slim-line” Economy Comfort™ seats feature a deeper recline and extra legroom
- 139 “Slim-line” Economy seats provide more personal space
- All seats fitted with 4-way adjustable headrests
In Flight Entertainment:
- 350 feature films
- 100 hours of HBO® and Showtime® content
- 250 hours of TV
- 5,000 digital songs
- 27 games in First Class, 15 in Economy
- Moving map with flight data
The 737-900’s will be a nice addition to Delta’s domestic fleet. Have you had a chance to fly on one of Delta’s 737-900’s? Let us know how it was!