Hyatt recently announced innovative new loyalty benefits starting on March 1, 2015 specifically targeting their most frequent guests – Hyatt Diamonds. Hyatt says that by increasing its rewards it will create a more “effortless” and “seamless” travel experience.
Guest of Honor – Beginning March 1
Diamond members can extend their in-hotel benefits such as Regency Club or Grand Club access, free breakfast and late check out to family or friends when they transfer a free night stay using Hyatt Gold Passport points. By extending Diamond privileges to a members’ friends or family on an award stay, its like Hyatt is allowing Diamonds to temporarily gift their status.
United Club Passes – Beginning March 1
Diamond members will receive two complimentary United Club one-time passes annually. The one-time passes are good at 45 United Club locations with amenities that include complimentary bar and beverages, light snacks, free Wi-Fi, and conference room access.
Hyatt also offered this enhancement earlier this year:
Premium Wi-Fi– Beginning February 14
Diamond and Platinum members will receive premium Wi-Fi access (where available) in guestrooms and in lobbies as well as Hyatt-operated restaurants at every Hyatt worldwide.
Then combine these new benefits with previously published Diamond benefits:
- 30% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
- Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres2. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge
- Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights
- Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
- Receive a nightly room refresh
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members8
- Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
Hyatt Diamond status is granted after 25 eligible stays or 50 eligible nights in a calendar year. According to the Hyatt Gold Passport Concierge on Flyertalk, there is an Elite Tier Trial (Quick Qualify) which requires a referral from a hotel in order for a member to participate. This allows Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum members to obtain Diamond status with 12 stays in 60 days.
Has anyone been able to enroll in this offer which is not publicly available?