United Airlines announced today on Milepoint, that they would be enhancing their international economy meal service with a brand new selection of meals and in addition, they now will be including beer and wine for all international passengers.
Here’s a rundown on the new United meal changes:
New Multi-Course Meal Service
- The primary complimentary economy meal will begin with a beverage service and snack of cheese and crackers, baked whole-grain bruschetta chips, or Kiri cheese spread and crackers—whichever is offered on the flight
- The main course will include new entrees, refreshed salads, and artisan breads. Here are some examples of our new main course offerings:
- Home-style turkey meatloaf in spicy barbecue sauce, served with sweet-potato mash, mixed vegetables, an artisan ciabatta roll and amaranth mango salad
- Tuscan ravioli with roasted red-pepper sauce, served with a petit artisan ciabatta roll and mixed-grain salad
- Udon noodles with stir-fried vegetables and ginger soya sauce, served with a petit multigrain baguette roll and apple wheatberry salad
- A premium dessert such as gelato, sorbet, ice cream, or mousse will conclude the main meal service
Complimentary Beer and Wine and Expanded Availability of Half Bottles of Premium Wine
- You read that correctly—in all long-haul international markets receiving the multi-course United Economy meal service, we will offer beer and wine at no charge throughout the flight
- Each customer will also receive a complimentary bottle of water
- Half-bottle premium wines and spirits will be available for purchase
Choice Menu Snack Shop Expansion
- We’re introducing a new option to purchase Choice Menu Snack Shop snacks and snackboxes throughout the flight in lieu of a limited complimentary midflight snack offering that was only available on select flights
Complimentary Pre-Arrival Service
- Depending on the market flown, customers may receive a croissant with jam, a warmed sandwich, or a hot meal served with fruit and a roll. Markets that offer complimentary pre-arrival hot meals today will continue to receive them after June 1
- New entrees will also be introduced where we provide a hot pre-arrival meal, such as cinnamon-swirl French toast or a Tuscan skillet with scrambled eggs
We look forward to hearing your feedback on our new United Economy dining experience, and you may refer to our news release for additional details. The United Economy dining and premium wine pages on united.com will be updated in late May to reflect these enhanced dining options.
These are all great changes for the passenger, so I’m glad to see United is making these enhancements, though several of these are direct copycats from Delta such as the free beer and wine on international flights plus a complimentary bottle water for coach passengers on long-haul flights.
What do you think of United’s latest enhancement?