This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
American Express and Universal Studios have teamed up to offer cardholders a new benefit, where they can earn bonus points at Universal Studios. Cardholders can get 4 extra Membership Rewards points for every dollar spent online for tickets at Universal Studios Hollywood, up to 5,000 bonus Membership Rewards points.
Follow these steps to get 4 extra Membership Rewards points per dollar spent:
1. First, register any Membership Rewards program–enrolled American Express® Card on this page from 6/1/15 through 9/30/15.
2. Then, use that same Card to purchase any Universal Hollywood park admission ticket, including a Front of Line ticket, online by 9/30/15.
3. Get 4 extra Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on your transactions, up to 5,000 points.
To redeem this offer, register any Membership Rewards program–enrolled American Express® Card on this page between 6/1/2015 and 9/30/2015. You may register more than one eligible Card for this offer, but only those Cards you register individually will earn the extra points. Using your registered Card, you must purchase a Universal Hollywood park admission ticket, including a Front of Line ticket, online at www.universalstudioshollywood.com/tickets/front-of-line-ticket/ by 9/30/2015. Offer not valid outside the U.S. or in any U.S. territories. Enrollment limited. Tickets purchased in physical locations or kiosks are not eligible for this offer.
An “Eligible Card” is a valid American Express Card issued in the U.S. by American Express and enrolled in the Membership Rewards program at the time of purchase. Additional Cards that are linked to your Membership Rewards account are also eligible for the offer but must be registered separately. Certain Cards are not deemed Eligible Cards, including corporate cards and all prepaid card products. If you have problems with your registration or your Card is replaced during the promotional period, call the customer service number on the back of your Card for assistance. Offer valid on all qualifying purchases made with registered Card. Maximum 5,000 points per Membership Rewards program account, across all Cards that are linked to the same Program account, regardless of the total amount of purchases made in connection with the offer.
Cards that earn Membership Rewards points include:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
Who knew you’d be able to earn bonus Membership Rewards points at Universal Studios. While this is heavily promoted for Front of the Line passes, you do earn the bonus 4x points on regular park tickets as well purchased online.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.