This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Did you know that in a very user-friendly advancement Amex has given you (consumer cardholders) access to your FICO Score for free? If you are interested, you can log into your American Express account to see if your credit cards give you access to your FICO Score. If you do, what you will see is the FICO® Score 8 based on data from Experian which is the credit score that the issuer uses to manage cardmember accounts.
NEW Amex: Free FICO Scores For Cardmembers
- Log in to your Amex account
- Look to the bottom right of the screen for ‘Useful Links’
- Click on My Free FICO Score
Your credit score summarizes information on your credit report into a single number that lenders can use to quickly assess your credit risk. Your FICO® Score is a three-digit number calculated from the information on your credit report that falls within a 300-850 range. Your Experian credit report is used to calculate the score displayed above; as information on your credit report changes so will your credit score.
The FICO® Score we provide is the FICO® Score 8 based on data from Experian and may be different from other credit scores. FICO® Scores and educational content are delivered only to Primary card members who get a monthly statement and have an available score. This information is intended only for the Primary card members own review purposes. American Express and other lenders may use different inputs like a FICO® Score, other credit scores and more information in credit decisions. Because it is continuously updated, your FICO® Score may not reflect the most current data on your credit report. This benefit may change or end in the future.
American Express and Fair Isaac are not credit repair organizations as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. American Express and Fair Isaac do not provide “credit repair” services or assistance regarding “rebuilding” or “improving” your credit record, credit history, or credit rating.
FICO is a registered trademark of Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Cards that should give you access to your free FICO score: (But, not limited to) Personal American Express eligible card options include:
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express: You will get 30,000 Delta Skymiles for spending $1,000 within 3 months. $50 cash back for making a purchase with Delta within 3 months. No foreign exchange fees. $0 annual fee for the first year and then $95 annual fee after. $0 for additional cardholders.
- The Amex EveryDay Credit Card from American Express: You will get 10,000 Amex Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000 within 3 months. 20% point bonus for making 20 transactions per month. There is no annual fee and no fee for additional cardholders.
- The Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card from American Express: You will get 15,000 Amex Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000 within 3 months. 50% point bonus for making 30 transactions per month. $95 annual fee and no fee for additional cardholders.
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express: You will get 25,000 Starpoints for spending $3,000 in 3 months. 25% point bonus for transfers to airlines (in 20,000 increments.) Annual fee waived for first year, $65 After. There is no fee for additional cardholders.
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express: You will get 25,000 Amex Membership Rewards points for spending $2,000 within 3 months. 3 points per/$1 on airfare and 2 points per/$1 on restaurants, US gas stations, US supermarkets. A $100 annual airline fee credit. No foreign transaction fees. 1st year $0 annual fee and $195 annual fee there after. You can get up to 5 additional cardholders for $0.
- Platinum Card® from American Express: You will get 40,000 Amex Membership Rewards points for spending $3,000 within 3 months. Complementary Starwood gold elite status. Complementary Centurion lounge access, Delta lounge access, Airspace lounge access and Priority Club lounge access. $200 in airline fee credits per calendar year, $400 in airline fee credits during first cardmembership year. Free PreCheck or Global Entry, $450 annual fee. You can get 3 additional cardholders for $175.
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express: You will get $100 cash back for spending $1,000 within first 3 months. 3% U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%), 2% U.S. gas stations & select U.S. dept stores, 1% other purchases, no annual fee. $0 for additional cardholders.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express: You will get $150 cash back for spending $1,000 within first 3 months. 6% U.S. supermarkets up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%), 3% U.S. gas stations & select U.S. dept stores, 1% other purchases.
This is a really cool new feature from Amex. Having access to your FICO score can help you build and keep your credit, apply for appropriate credit cards and keep track of any potential problems such as identity theft. I am a fan of Amex and this move is definitely in the positive column for me! Check your account today to see how healthy your score looks!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.