Yesterday, we wrote about how Delta’s Launches Latest Promotion Which Is Now Revenue Based, and similar to Delta, United decided to jump in on the revenue based promotion game, by launching their very own promotion today.
It’s not as exciting as Australia, but those headed to Belfast, Ireland can earn double miles based on their spending in business class.
United is launching their first revenue based promotion:
Travel on United BusinessFirst® flights between the U.S. and Belfast and earn double the amount of miles you would usually earn on each paid qualifying segment. The qualifying segment for this bonus award mile offer is between New York/Newark and Belfast. Offer is valid for tickets purchased between February 8, 2016, and February 22, 2016. Travel must begin between February 9, 2016, and March 31, 2016. Return travel must be completed on or before April 10, 2016.
Terms and Conditions:
- Offer is valid for MileagePlus® members residing in the USA or UK.
- Offer is valid for tickets purchased between February 8, 2016, and February 22, 2016. Travel must begin between February 9, 2016, and March 31, 2016. Return travel must be completed on or before April 10, 2016.
- Registration on united.com is required before ticketing.
- On paid qualifying segments, members can earn double miles for the qualifying portion of the fare purchased, as shown in the table above.
- Eligible fare classes are J, C, D, Z, and P.
- Connections are allowed. However, the bonus is only valid for travel between New York/Newark (EWR) and Belfast (BFS).
- You can earn the bonus an unlimited number of times in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Bonus award miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification or Million Miler status.
- Offer is only valid on paid qualifying segments flown on United Airlines and is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
- A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing.
- Offer is not valid on government fares.
- Bonus is not combinable with other offers.
- Award tickets and other tickets that are not eligible to earn miles do not qualify for this offer.
- Bonus will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- Offer is valid for tickets purchased through united.com, our reservation center or United Airlines city ticket offices. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
- Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Start getting used to these “new” type of promotions, that both United and Delta are launching, as these will be the new standard for these airlines.
Feel free to share your thoughts below!