Uber is a service that enables you to book a car service with the tap of your finger on your smartphone or mobile device. Depending on which of the hundreds of cities that you are in, you can also get different levels of car service ranging from UberX (a low-cost sedan), UberBlack, UberSUV and more, and the great news is they are lowing their uberPOOL prices in NYC.
$5 Uber Rides in New York City
Between 7–10am and 5–8pm, Monday through Friday, all uberPOOL rides starting and ending in Manhattan below 110th Street will be $5 flat.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app
- Open your app and request ‘POOL’
- Walk to the nearby corner indicated in the app where you’ll meet your driver for pickup
- Ride toward your destination, picking up and dropping off fellow uberPOOL passengers along the way
- Arrive at a corner near your final destination
- $5 commuter flat rates are only available in Manhattan, below 110th Street between 7–10am and 5–8pm, M–F
- $5 commuter flat rates will never surge—you’ll always pay just $5
- On nights and weekends, your uberPOOL will come directly to you
If you live in New York or will be traveling to NYC, you’ll be able to take advantage of these $5 uberPOOL Remember you must select the UberPool option.
In addition, if you haven’t tried Uber yet, you can get a $20 credit on your first ride when you sign up here.