This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Delta launched their new Comfort Plus section today as a separate fare class for those flyers looking for some extra legroom and amenities while flying in coach. The great thing is that Platinum and Diamond Medallions receive these seats at booking, where Golds and Silvers can be upgraded to them a few days out — but you must request an upgrade. See airline credit card offers page for current offers.
You can request an upgrade per segment, but Delta has added an update to their site, where you can set your upgrade preferences to Comfort Plus and First Class on all flights by following the steps below.
- Log into your Delta Air Lines Skymiles account
- Choose “Go To My Delta” on the bottom left side of the page
- Then choose “View My Profile”
- Once on the “My Profile” page, you’ll see a “Flight Preferences” tab where you’ll click “Open”
- The first preference will be Upgrade Requests, and you’ll want to click “Edit”
- The default is set for only First Class, so if you want to be considered for Comfort Plus, choose “Request upgrade for Delta Comfort+”
- You’ll then click “Save” and you’ll now be considered for Comfort Plus upgrades on all your eligible flights.
You can select your upgrade preferences under the Flight Preferences tab, and I’d highly encourage you to select the box to request Comfort+ upgrades.
Delta lets you easily choose your upgrade requests that you want, but keep in mind for Comfort Plus, you may be upgraded to a middle seat in the cabin, so keep that mind if you won’t be happy with that.
It will be interesting to see how Delta’s new Comfort Plus cabin effects upgrades for Medallions. Please feel free to share your thoughts or experiences below.
If you’re not yet a Delta cardholder and want to sign-up for one of Delta’s many co-branded American Express cards,consider the Delta Reserve card, The Platinum Delta Amex. Expired
- Earning Delta Platinum Elite Status The Easy Way
- Easy Way To Earn Delta Gold or Platinum Status (Targeted)
– See more at: http://pointsmilesandmartinis.boardingarea.com/2016/05/delta-first-class-meal-update/#sthash.Al8C8OvV.dpuf
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.