Love spending time at the Centurion Lounges? Consider getting a job at the LaGuardia lounge!
I’ve been to the one in New York’s LGA Airport multiple times, and it appears the lounge is currently hiring:
Member Service Professional, Travel and Concierge, Centurion Lounge- LGA Airport
The role of the Member Service Professional (MSP) will be to deliver superior service to Card Members visiting the American Express Centurion Lounge, located in the LaGuardia Airport. MSPs will be the face of American Express to our customers, acting as ambassadors of the brand. They will have the ability to excite our customers and deliver on the brand promise. A successful MSP within the Centurion Lounge will have a passion for delivering extraordinary service to our best Card Members, in a customer facing environment. Our MSPs are highly skilled and motivated, providing travel and concierge or lifestyle services to American Express Card Members. Acting as a consultant, our MSPs will tailor our products and services to assist Card Members with their immediate needs and deepening their relationship with American Express.
Member Service Professionals are responsible for:
- Delivering extraordinary everyday moments to our customers by booking travel, with a key focus in domestic and international air, car and hotel travel arrangements; as well as, fulfilling concierge or lifestyle servicing requests.
- Being accountable and taking ownership of the customer’s experience from beginning to end.
- Employing the Relationship Care® philosophy in meeting customers’ needs and expectations.
- Creating innovative ways to resolve customers’ issues or concerns to win their brand loyalty; ultimately making loyal enthusiast out of the customer.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience selling domestic and international air required.
- Strong GDS experience a must; Sabre preferred.
- Must be able to work ANY shift within the hours of operation: Sunday-Friday 5:30a-8:00p; and Saturdays 5:30a-6:30p EST.
- Must be able to work in a small team environment.
- Passion for serving customers with proactive solutions.
- Exhibits the utmost professionalism and maintains a positive attitude in all interactions.
- Exceptional communication skills, delighting the customer with every single interaction.
- The ability to listen to the customer’s needs, in turn offering confident recommendations, resulting in high satisfaction from the customer with the service they received.
- Ability to remain cool under pressure and effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with customers is essential.
- Must be resourceful and capable of using the Internet effectively to research.
- Have a can do attitude and curiosity.
- Adapt to an ever changing environment and being resilient.
If you’re a fan of the Centurion lounges or know someone who is, you may be interested in considering a job at the LGA location.
The decryption doesn’t mention if employees get free access to the lounges when traveling or not, so that would be something to definitely inquire about if you are interested.