This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
British Airways is offering a 35% transfer bonus when you transfer participating hotel points into British Airways Avios when you convert between now and March 8, 2017. You can read more about this promotion here.
35% British Airways Avios Bonus When Transfer Hotel Points
Enjoy 35% bonus Avios when you convert selected Hotel Loyalty Points into Avios.
Participating hotel partners are:
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
Intercontinental Hotel Group
- This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An Eligible Participant is a person aged 18 or over, is a British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) Member (membership terms and conditions apply) and is enrolled and registered with one of the participating hotel partner loyalty programmes.
- By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm that they accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Participating hotel partners are Carlson Hotels, Hilton Hotels, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Marriott, Shangri-La & Starwood.
- Participating hotel loyalty programmes are Club Carlson, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, IHG Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards, Shangri-La Golden Circle and Starwood Preferred Guest.
- To become a member of any of the hotel loyalty programmes click here and simply choose the relevant hotel partner, follow the links to enrol via their website.
- Eligible Participants will receive a 35% more BAEC Avios (“Bonus Avios”) when they convert Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points into Avios during the Qualifying Period. “Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points” means a minimum of requirement of loyalty points earned through the Hotel Loyalty Programme. Minimum amounts vary between hotel partners: Club Carlson – 2,000 points; Hilton HHonors – 10,000; Hyatt Gold Passport – 5,000; IHG Rewards – 10,000; Marriott Rewards – 10,000; Shangri-La Golden Circle– 2,500 and Starwood Preferred Guest – 2,500.
- The standard earn rate for loyalty points earned through the hotel loyalty programmes varies according to the hotel partner. For example Hyatt Gold Passport Programme is 1 Avios for every 2.5 loyalty points converted. Therefore, an Eligible Participant who converts 5,000 of Hyatt Gold Passport Programme loyalty points will earn 2,700 Avios in total. For full details on the earn rates per hotel partner please click here.
- “Qualifying Period” means: Between 6th February 2017 and 8th March 2017 for Club Carlson, Hilton HHonors, Hyatt Gold Passport, IHG Rewards Club, Marriott Rewards, Shangri-La Golden Circle and Starwood Preferred Guest.
- To participate, Eligible Participants must first enrol if they are not already members of the British Airways Executive Club and then visit the relevant hotel website to convert their loyalty points into Avios.
- Bonus Avios can take 4-6 weeks to show on your account from the date of conversion. Once they have been credited, you can start redeeming them for flights, hotels and Avis car hire. Taxes, fees and charges remain payable by the BAEC Member. Reward flights are subject to availability and capacity control and availability may be limited at peak times.
- Loyalty points from the different participating hotel loyalty programmes cannot be redeemed together and must be redeemed separately.
- Loyalty points earned with the participating hotel loyalty programmes during the Qualifying Period are valid for this promotion, provided that they are redeemed within the Qualifying Period.
- Bonus Avios is non-redeemable for cash.
- Transactions are non-reversible.
- Bonus Avios is issued subject to the BAEC Terms and Conditions and all passengers and baggage are subject to the general terms and conditions of carriage.
- Hotel loyalty scheme membership, and earning and redemption of Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of each specific hotel’s loyalty scheme in addition to British Airways Terms and Conditions, as applicable.
- Standard Avios are issued in addition to Bonus Avios.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways or participating hotel partner offer or promotion.
- The Promoters reserve the right to withdraw the promotion or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without any liability to customers for doing so.
- By taking part in this promotion, participants agree to the personal data they supply being used by the Promoters or their agents or subcontractors to administer this promotion, who will only use the information provided for the purpose of administering the promotion.
- This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- This promotion is provided by: Carlson Hotels Inc. having its registered office 701 Carlson Parkway, MS 8203, Minnetonka, MN 55305, USA, Hilton HHonors Worldwide, having its registered office at L.L.C. 7930 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, Virginia 22102, USA , Hyatt Corporation having its registered office at 71 S. Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60606, USA, InterContinental Hotels Group PLC having its registered office at Broadwater Partk, Denham, Buckinghamshire, UB9 5HR, UK, Marriott® having its registered office at Albemarle Street, London W1S 4HQ, UK, Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd having its registered office 28/F Kerry Centre, 683 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc having its registered office at One StarPoint, Stamford, CT, USA and British Airways Plc Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England.
If you are in need of Avios for a planned redemption, this may be of interest to you. When you convert between now and March 8, 2017, you will earn a 35% bonus when transferring participating hotel points to Avios.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.