As previously mentioned, American Airlines has launched their new Basic Economy Fares, similar to what both carriers are already offering. Delta offers Basic Economy fares and United will be already offering this year.
Starting today, Basic Economy will be for sale in 10 city pairs for travel beginning March 1 including the following:
- CLT – Orlando International Airport (MCO)
- DFW – Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
- DFW – Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- DFW – Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
- MIA – Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- MIA – Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- PHL – Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
- PHL – Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- PHL – Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- PHL – Miami International Airport (MIA)
Some facts about American’s Basic Economy:
- Anytime a Basic Economy fare is for sale, a Main Cabin fare will always be available.
- At this time, Basic Economy fares cannot be combined or used to build connecting itineraries. American will add the ability to connect Basic Economy fares for a multi-leg trip later.
What are your thoughts on American’s new Basic Economy fare? Will you be booking it to save some money, or do you plan on staying clear of them?