This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Earn Medallion Qualification Miles for Elite Status on Delta before the end of the year, as all accounts are reset come the 1st of the year. Delta Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) are those miles that are needed to qualify for elite status on Delta, and if you’re short on them, it’s not too late to still earn them for this year.
Here’s a look at 4 ways you can still earn MQMs this year:
1) Earn 250 MQMs Per Stay with Hilton: Looking for just a few MQMs, then this may be the option for you. With this promotion, when you stay with Hilton for 2 or more nights you can score double Delta miles plus 250 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) to a maximum 10,000 MQMs. A qualifying stay counts at any hotel or resort in the Hilton Portfolio by December 31, 2017.
2) Take a Mileage Run: Taking a mileage run is a great way to earn Medallion Qualifying Miles, as you can choose how far you want to go based on how many miles you need. Some mileage runs you can earn earn as many as 20,000+ Medallion qualifying miles if you’re willing to do some exotic routing to South America, Europe or Asia and back, which can be quite lucrative. There’s actually a service that will find you mileage runs for your airline of choice for a small fee.
3) Earn MQMs with Delta Credit Cards: If you’re looking to earn MQMs a fast and easy way, then you’ll want to check out Delta’s co-branded credit cards as an option.
Consider the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express
For those who already have had the personal cards, then you may want to consider a small business card. With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card from American Express.
4) Buy MQMs from Delta: With the other options mentioned above, this should be truly a last option, but for those who have no other way to earn MQMs and really need them, Delta is selling Medallion Qualiying Miles again this year. You can purchase between 1,000 and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles and between 3 and 15 Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) that will post to their 2017 MQMs balance and apply toward your 2018 Medallion Status. You will earn Medallion Qualifying Dollars on your purchases.
- If you are a Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion Member, you are eligible for Elevate Your Status unless you received complimentary Status for a Tier above the Tier you earned Status for.
- If you are a General SkyMiles Member, you must be within range to reach Silver Medallion Status by purchasing the maximum bundle of MQMs, MQSs and MQDs, in order to be eligible.
What’s your strategy to earn last-minute Medallion Qualifying Miles before year-end? Feel free to share in the comments below!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.