This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
If you are just starting out in the points and miles game, it is good to have a credit card (or 2) that rack up transferrable points. Ultimate Reward points are very valuable in that they can be redeemed for travel via the Chase travel portal or you can transfer your points to partner programs.
Currently you can transfer your Chase UR points to partner loyalty programs, your options which include: United, British Airways, Singapore Airlines, Air France KLM, Southwest Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Iberia, Aer Lingus, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, Ritz-Carlton. Plus, when you redeem through the travel portal to book travel you get a 20% discount.
Why You Need Transferrable Points Cards In Your Wallet
As an example, The Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering a sign up bonus of 50,000 bonus points with $4,000 spend in 3 months + 5,000 points after adding an authorized user; the $95 annual fee is waived the first year. That’s $625 value toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Great travel protection – including, reimbursement up to $10,000 per trip for pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses and up to $3,000 per passenger for lost luggage.
Chase Ultimate Rewards Hotel And Airline Transfer Partners
Of course you can always cash out your points (for money) but, that is not the best use of their value. One of the best ways I think you can use your Chase Ultimate Rewards points is to transfer them to airline or hotel partners, then use them for great flights or stays at your destination of choice. You can gain much more value per point doing so.
Chase Ultimate Rewards Airline Partners:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- British Airways Executive Club
- Flying Blue Air France KLM
- Iberia Plus
- Korean Air SKYPASS
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
- United MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Chase Ultimate Rewards Hotel Partners:
- IHG Rewards Club
- Marriott Rewards
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards
- World of Hyatt
When looking at cards to pick up the The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a good starting option. It comes with a lot of great benefits and earns valuable points that can easily be transferred for big travel!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.