Yesterday we told you how to Leverage the SPG Category Changes for 2018. In addition to the SPG changes, Marriott too will have some big category changes and mostly they are not in our favor. So you will want to book those properties before the changes go into affect on March 6, 2018.
Book These Marriott Properties Now!
- 21% of Marriott’s properties will move up and 5% will move down
- Check out the full list here.
Here are a few interesting properties heading up in category. If you were planning on visiting any of these properties, book now.
- Atlantis, Coral Towers, Autograph Collection, up from category 7 to 8
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino, up from category 6 to 7
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa, up from category 7 to 8
- The Vinoy® Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club, up from category 7 to 8
- Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa, up from category 8 to 9
- Marriott’s Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, up from category 8 to 9
Looking For More Marriott Points?
If you are looking for more ways to score Marriott points, remember, Starpoints are valuable and made more so by the Marriott/Starwood merger last year. You can transfer 1 Starpoints to 3 Marriott points. Consider the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express or the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express.
It always stinks when a lot of nice properties go up in category cause it costs us more points. But, on the bright side, if you had planned to book one of these, do so prior to March 6, 2018.