Make a Green Choice allows guests at Sheraton, Westin, Luxury Collection, Le Méridien, St. Regis and W locations and at participating Aloft, Element and Four Points by Sheraton locations to earn bonus points when declining housekeeping service each day.
Essentially, you’re offered a $5 USD credit, or depending on the brand up to 500 bonus points per night for declining housekeeping service, which can really add up. There are some caveats, such as it must be at least a 2 night stay, since you wouldn’t receive stay over service on just a one-night stay.
It’s unclear how Make a Green Choice will change once the merger of Starwood Preferred Guest and Marriott Rewards, but talking to a few Starwood properties, they said they will still have this available to allow guests decline housekeeping service for either bonus points or a credit.
Check our our recent post: Would You Rather: Hotel Maid Service or Bonus Points? where you can weigh in on your thoughts.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Some hotels offer the 500 Starpoints option only.
- You, as our guest, are eligible to participate on stay-over nights only (two night minimum length of stay required).
- The maximum number of nights allowed is determined by each hotel.
- To participate in Make a Green Choice hang the Make a Green Choice doorhanger on the outside of your guestroom door by 2am or let the hotel know during check-in that you’re interested in opting-in.
- You may receive Make a Green Choice credit at participating hotels for up to three rooms as long as you stay in one and pay for all three rooms.
- You are not eligible to participate in the program on the day of departure; it is only on stayover nights.
- The F&B voucher is only valid at time of purchase and cannot be combined with other offers. Unused F&B vouchers may be turned in at the front desk before check-out for 500 Starpoints each (250 Starpoints at participating Aloft, Element and Four Points by Sheraton locations). Vouchers not turned in are rendered void and cannot be redeemed or exchanged for Starpoints after check-out or used at other locations.
- If you opt-in to the Make a Green Choice program, you are declining all housekeeping services for the day. This includes all room cleaning and coffee & bathroom amenities will not be automatically replenished, but you can contact housekeeping for additional items as necessary.
- If you opt out of the program, but still want to conserve water and energy, you can hang your towels you want to reuse and place your doorhanger on the nightstand to reuse your bed linens. The bed(s) will be re-made using the existing linens. For fresh towels, please leave them on the floor. For fresh linens, please leave the doorhanger on the bed.
- Points are included when stay posts to the account. All points will post as one transaction. Allow up to seven days from departure date to see these points posted to your account.
Are you a fan of Make a Green Choice? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below if you opt-in when staying at hotels that offer the ability to decline housekeeping service.