Those who headed to Florida this week for fall break, will be sad to see that there is a potential for a significant storm, Hurricane Michael which is expected to reach a category 3 hurricane. The potential track looks to be headed towards Panama City but, after the hurricane hits Florida there will be weather issues that can impact travel as well.
Hurricane Michael To Impact Travel And Florida
As reported by weather.com:
At a Glance
- Michael is forecast to intensify as it tracks into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Michael will threaten the northeastern Gulf Coast by Wednesday, potentially as a major hurricane.
- Storm surge, damaging winds and heavy rain are likely impacts along the northeastern Gulf Coast.
- Hurricane watches and storm surge watches have been issued along Florida’s Panhandle.
- Heavy rain and strong winds will spread farther inland across parts of the Southeast after landfall.
If you have travel plans this week, you will want to keep an eye on the track of this storm. Make sure that you make the necessary preparations and stay safe everyone!