This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Those who headed to Florida this week for fall break, will be sad to see that there is a potential for a significant storm, Hurricane Michael which is expected to reach a category 3 hurricane. The potential track looks to be headed towards Panama City but, after the hurricane hits Florida there will be weather issues that can impact travel as well.
Hurricane Michael To Impact Travel And Florida
As reported by weather.com:
At a Glance
- Michael is forecast to intensify as it tracks into the Gulf of Mexico.
- Michael will threaten the northeastern Gulf Coast by Wednesday, potentially as a major hurricane.
- Storm surge, damaging winds and heavy rain are likely impacts along the northeastern Gulf Coast.
- Hurricane watches and storm surge watches have been issued along Florida’s Panhandle.
- Heavy rain and strong winds will spread farther inland across parts of the Southeast after landfall.
If you have travel plans this week, you will want to keep an eye on the track of this storm. Make sure that you make the necessary preparations and stay safe everyone!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.