This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Southwest Airlines has launched several new routes across the U.S. with many new routes being added to/from San Jose, Calif; Burbank; and New York (LaGuardia) to name a few of the highlights.
With this announcement, their new schedule is also posted, which means customers can book flights now through June 8, 2019. However, one thing to point out is that the airline still hasn’t started to sell flights to Hawaii, which is partially due to aircraft certification needed for these over-water flights.
Here’s a look at some of the new routes that are being added:
- Beginning today, Southwest began operating daily flights between New York (LaGuardia) and New Orleans.
- San Jose, Calif. and Tucson, Ariz. (nonstop itineraries are available Sundays-Fridays)
- Burbank and Houston (Hobby) (nonstop itineraries are available Sundays-Fridays)
- Burbank and Chicago (Midway) (nonstop itineraries are available Sundays-Fridays)
- The carrier began nonstop service today between OklahomaCityand Washington, D.C. (Reagan National).
- Southwest also began weekend service between Chicago (Midway) and Cabo San Lucas/Los Cabos, Mexico.
- Today, the carrier began daily nonstop service linking Denver and Lubbock.
- Additionally, the airline began nonstop flights on Sundays between Houston (Hobby) and Philadelphia and Houston (Hobby) and Sacramento.
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
- Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update; Plans to Sell Flights Soon
If you’re looking to redeem Rapid Rewards points for these flights, remember Southwest is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards if you need to transfer over some points.
What are your thoughts on these latest route announcements from Southwest? Feel free to share below.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.