Earlier this month, American Airlines rolled out new food-for-sale menu items inspired by fast-casual Mediterranean restaurant Zoës Kitchen. Some of the new items include, a breakfast sandwich on a waffle brioche bun, the Zoës Gruben signature turkey sandwich, a grilled chicken wrap and a hummus dip. These items will be available for purchase on most domestic flights longer than three hours in Main Cabin.
- Breakfast Sandwich: Turkey bacon, egg slices and tomato topped with baby arugula on a waffle brioche bun with Calabrian pepper aioli
- Continental Breakfast Box: Belgian waffle, hazelnut spread and fresh berries
- The Grüben: Zoës signature sandwich with sliced turkey, Manchego cheese, crunchy Mediterranean slaw and feta spread layered on marble wheat bread, served with a Zoës chocolate chip cookie
- Chicken Wrap: Grilled chicken wrap with mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, arugula and artichokes, served with a Zoës chocolate chip cookie
- Hummus Duo: Zoës signature hummus duo, including their classic flavor topped with Kalamata olives and basil pesto hummus, served with pita bread, cucumber and carrot
Along with the new Zoës options, American will continue to offer its signature fruit and cheese plate and breakfast platter. Throughout 2019, American and Zoës will continue to collaborate and introduce additional items in Main Cabin as well as domestic first class service.
Have you had a chance to try any of the new Zoe’s Kitchen offerings onboard? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.