Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time. Terms Apply to Offers.
Delta Air Lines continues to take on Alaska Airlines in Seattle, and are offering a special Delta Air Lines Status Match Challenge for those who have elite status with Alaska Airlines.
Initially, it appeared this was only for those in Seattle, however that’s not exactly the case. Those with Alaska Airlines MVP status can request a status challenge to Delta Gold status and those with Alaska MVP Gold, MVP Gold 75K can be matched to Delta Platinum Medallion status.
If you have elite status with another airline – you could receive SkyMiles Medallion Status through January 31, 2020. Enroll in the Status Match Challenge by June 16th, and we will match the status you have on another airline, or even raise it for select airlines. We invite you to explore some of the top benefits you’ll enjoy while you Experience the Medallion Difference.
Delta has updated their status match challenge page for Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan status to on indicate that these members will be matched to a their higher than what they currently have.
Delta Air Lines offers a Delta SkyMiles Status Challenge, which is referred to as the Medallion Status Match Challenge. If you currently have elite status with another airline Delta will give you the equivalent Medallion Status for three months – complimentary. Plus, you’ll be able to extend your Status past three months if you successfully complete the challenge by flying a certain amount.
Be sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You have not received a Status Match or complimentary Medallion Status in the past three years, unless the complimentary Medallion Status was through your Million Miler Status
- You currently have elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through that airline’s published requirements (complimentary status or status earned through a promotion does not qualify)
- You are able to present both a valid, current elite credential and a statement showing your earned elite status
- 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1,500 MQDs or MQD Waiver
- 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2,250 MQDs or MQD Waiver
If you are looking for more Delta SkyMiles, check out the offers available right now on the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express and the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below on this.