As a reminder, American Airlines currently has a promotion, where you can earn up to 20,000 bonus American AAdvantage miles when flying Japan Airlines between Seattle and Tokyo until the end of the month.
For those who have registered, be sure to track your progress in your AAdvantage account, in order to earn the full bonus.
Delta currently flies between Seattle and Tokyo-Narita, however as American doesn’t operate this route on their own metal instead they had a codeshare agreement with Japan Airlines, so it seems like this promotion is geared to trying to attract Delta fliers in Seattle.
Earn bonus miles on nonstop flights on Japan Airlines between Seattle (SEA) and Tokyo (NRT).
- Register by May 31, 2019, and before you travel
- Purchase an eligible fare and fly round-trip to earn up to 20,000 bonus miles
- Fly 1 round trip on a Business fare and earn 10,000 bonus miles; fly a second round trip and earn 10,000 more miles for a total of 20,000 bonus miles
- Fly 1 round trip on a full Economy fare and earn 5,000 bonus miles; fly a second round trip and earn 5,000 miles for a total of 10,000 bonus miles
- Fly 1 round trip on select Economy fares and earn 2,500 bonus miles; fly a second round trip and earn 2,500 more miles for a total of 5,000 bonus miles
- Travel between March 31, 2019, and May 31, 2019
Feel free to share your progress in the comments below if you’ve earned the 20,000 bonus miles.