Delta Air Lines offers a Delta SkyMiles Status Challenge, which is referred to as the Medallion Status Match Challenge. If you currently have elite status with another airline Delta will give you the equivalent Medallion Status for three months complimentary. You’ll be able to extend your Status past three months if you successfully complete the challenge by flying a certain amount.
The great reason to participate in the status match now is if you enroll after July 1, 2019 and you complete the requirements, your Medallion Status will be extended through January 31, 2021.
Be sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You have not received a Status Match or complimentary Medallion Status in the past three years, unless the complimentary Medallion Status was through your Million Miler Status
- You currently have elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through that airline’s published requirements (complimentary status or status earned through a promotion does not qualify)
- You are able to present both a valid, current elite credential and a statement showing your earned elite status
If you met all the criteria listed above, submit your request to be enrolled in the Status Match Challenge.
Once your request is approved, you will be automatically enrolled in the challenge and matched to Platinum, Gold or Silver Medallion Status based on your current elite status with another airline. Your complimentary Status Match will last for 3 months beginning on the date your request is approved.
If you’re looking to extend your Medallion Status through January 31, 2021, you’ll need to earn the required amount of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) during the 3 month complimentary period and, for U.S.-based Members only, earning the required amount of Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) during the 3 month complimentary period or qualifying for the MQD Waiver.
- To maintain Silver Medallion: Earn 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750 MQDs or MQD Waiver
- To maintain Gold Medallion: Earn 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1,500 MQDs or MQD Waiver
- To maintain Platinum Medallion: Earn 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2,250 MQDs or MQD Waiver
Delta is pretty generous with who they match status from including those with Air Canada Altitude Status; Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Status; All Nippon Airways Mileage Club Status; American Airlines AAdvantage Status; Asiana Airlines Asiana Club Status; British Airways Executive Club Status; Copa Airlines ConnectMiles Status; Japan Airlines Mileage Bank Fly On Status; jetBlue True Blue Status; Lufthansa Miles & More Status; and United Airlines Mileage Plus Status.
If you’re looking to participate in the Delta status match challenge, now is the time to as you’ll earn the status for 20 months, almost a full 2 years since it’s valid through January 31, 2021.
One point to note for those who earn Platinum Medallion status through the challenge, are eligible for Choice Benefits once the requirements to extend Platinum Medallion Status are met of 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2,250 MQDs or MQD Waiver.
Love racking up the Delta Miles?
If you are looking for more ways to earn Delta miles, consider The Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, The Delta SkyMiles® Platinum American Express Card or The Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card.
Do you have plans to submit a Delta status match challenge? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below on your strategy.