Marriott Bonvoy offers a referral program for current members to refer family/friends to the program, and the rewards can be quite lucrative. All you have to do is head over to their site and enter the names and emails of friends you wish to refer and they’ll receive an email from Marriott where they can sign up and create an account.
You can invite up to 5 friends to join Marriott Bonvoy each year. In turn, you’ll each earn 2,000 bonus points per stay for their first 5 stays. That’s a maximum earning potential of 50,000 bonus points for you, and 10,000 bonus points for each of your friends.
Up to 50,000 bonus points for you: Earn 2,000 bonus points for each stay your referrals make, up to five stays per referral. That’s up 50,000 bonus points for you.
Up to 10,000 bonus points for your friends: And your friends will earn 2,000 bonus points after their first five stays. That’s up to 10,000 bonus points total for them.
Terms and Conditions: Marriott Bonvoy members can earn up to 50,000 bonus points each calendar year by referring friends & colleagues into the Reward a Friend program.
- Sponsor a new member through the Reward a Friend program.
- Each time the new member makes a stay, the sponsoring member receives 2,000 bonus points, up to 5 stays.
- Members can sponsor up to 5 new members each year.
- Your referrals will also earn 2,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points beginning with their first paid stay, up to 5 stays. That’s 10,000 bonus points in addition to the base points they’ll earn.
- Stays your referrals make at any participating Marriott Bonvoy™ hotel qualify and must be made within 365 days of enrollment.
- New members must sign up through the Reward a Friend channels and provide their sponsor’s name and Marriott Bonvoy account number.
- Channels include https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/reward-a-friend.mi or by calling Customer Support at 800-450-4442 in U.S. and Canada and referencing the Reward a Friend program.
- Sponsor must be a member in good standing with the Marriott Bonvoy Program.
- New members who join through the Reward a Friend program must designate Marriott Bonvoy points as their earning preference.
- Miles earning preference is not an option with the Reward a Friend program.
- Should any of the initial 5 stays be retroactively deducted from the new member’s account, the bonus points will also be deleted from the sponsor’s account.
- New members cannot retroactively designate a sponsor. Sponsorship must be determined at the time of new member’s enrollment.
Have you taken part in Marriott Bonvoy’s refer a friend program? Feel free to share your feedback in the comments below.