Hyatt announced they’ll be offering free COVID testing at 19 participating resorts in Mexico, Costa Rica, the Caribbean, and South America through May 31, 2021. This follows the CDC requirement that everyone arriving back in the United States must have a proof of a negative COVID test.
On-property testing options include either rapid antigen or RT-PCR tests, both which are approved testing per the U.S. CDC guidelines.
Driven by Hyatt’s purpose of care and to support the wellbeing of guests, World of Hyatt members and customers, Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that all 19 Hyatt resorts in Latin America have arranged for complimentary on-property COVID-19 testing through May 31, 2021, for guests traveling to the U.S. This is valid for up to two registered guests per guestroom per stay at 19 participating resorts in Mexico, Costa Rica, the Caribbean, and South America.
In addition, Hyatt hotels in Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and South America are extending a Travel Delay Rate to guests who cannot complete their travel due to test-related reasons, representing up to a 50% savings on standard rates (excluding Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara properties) and up to a 30% discount on food and beverage (excluding alcohol). These special offers serve as an extension of Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment, which enhances operational practices at Hyatt hotels during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond, with guest and colleague wellbeing as a top priority.
Participating resorts include:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort Spa and Casino
- Park Hyatt St. Kitts Christophe Harbour
- Grand Hyatt Baha Mar, Bahamas
- Hyatt Zilara Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
- Hyatt Ziva Cap Cana, Dominican Republic
- Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall, Jamaica
- Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall, Jamaica
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo
- Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Beach House, Mexico
- Thompson Playa del Carmen Main House, Mexico
- The Cape, a Thompson Hotel, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
- Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Thompson Zihuatanejo, a Beach Resort, Mexico
- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, Mexico
- Hyatt Ziva Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Hyatt Zilara Cancun, Mexico
- Hyatt Ziva Cancun, Mexico
Terms & Conditions:
- Complimentary rapid antigen or RT-PCR testing only applies to guests at participating hotels through May 31, 2021 who are departing for the U.S.
- A complimentary rapid antigen test or RT-PCR (based on location) will be offered for each guest up to two (2) registered guests per guestroom per stay, on direct and third-party bookings.
- Tests must be conducted during a stay at a participating hotel, and no refund or credit will be issued for unused tests. Guest may be required to establish test results and show proof of travel plans.
- Concessions to the minimum stay requirements for large groups/weddings are at the discretion of resort.
- Testing offer not valid for guests traveling to other locations and subject to terms and conditions disclosed at time of booking
Additionally, these resorts are extending a Travel Delay Rate to guests whose travel plans are impacted by test-related reasons, representing up to a 50% savings on standard rates and up to a 30% discount on food and beverage. The Travel Delay Rate will be eligible for World of Hyatt points and Tier-Qualifying nights.
It’s great to see Hyatt introduce free COVID testing at its resort properties in Latin America for guests traveling back to the United States. I’m sure we’ll see other hotel companies offer similar testing in the coming weeks.
Leave a Reply