United Airlines announced today that it will be adding 480 daily flights to its schedule starting in June in anticipation of a return of a busy summer.
This will be the most flying United has done since the start of the pandemic, a sign of things improving. For context, United plans to fly 67% of its domestic schedule and 60% of its overall network schedule compared to its 2019 June schedule.
With a huge decline in business travel, the airline is forced to focus on leisure travel, so many of these new routes are a direct result.
Per United Airlines,
United will add nine brand-new routes in June, including daily flights from Denver to West Yellowstone, Mont. – the closest airport to Yellowstone National Park. In addition, United plans to add two new direct flights to Hawaii – from Chicago to Kona, and from New York/Newark to Maui. And as peak travel season to Alaska resumes, United will restart service from Chicago to Fairbanks and from Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark and San Francisco to Anchorage. United will also introduce brand new service between Fairbanks and Anchorage in June.
June Domestic Schedule Highlights
- United will fly over 40 flights to the Hawaiian Islands on peak days in June, including new service to Kona from Chicagoand Maui from New York/Newark – United will be the only carrier to operate these routes.
- United will operate up to 12 daily/69 weekly flights to Alaska from five hubs including Chicago, Denver, Houston, New York/Newark and San Francisco.
- United will operate over 500 daily flights to 66 national park destinations including brand new service between Denverand West Yellowstone. United will fly to more national parks this summer than any other airline.
See How United As Adapted It’s Flight Schedule Due To The Pandemic:
- United Airlines Announces New International Destinations
- United Airlines Brings Back JFK-LAX/SFO Service
- United Airlines Announces New Caribbean and Mexico Routes
- United Airlines Africa, India and Hawaii Expansion
- United Airlines Adds New Florida Routes
If you’re looking to redeem United miles for any of these flights let Juicy Miles find and book your next award fights for you. They can search using your airline miles or credit card points to book on almost any airline including partners.
What are your thoughts on these new United routes? Feel free to share in the comments below where you’re looking forward to going next summer.