This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Our favorite way to track points and miles balances is AwardWallet. I was reminded of this when they notified me the other day that I had some Aeroplan miles that were about to expire. Not having a plan to use them or extend them, I asked our readers for their thoughts on what to do with the miles. To sweeten the pot, we added two upgrades to AwardWallet Plus for winners.
Congratulations To The Winners
We asked our readers to leave a comment answering the question below:
- What is the best way to use 5,000 Aeroplan miles (hint, click this link to see how to use Aeroplan miles)?
The responses were great. Some people suggested redeeming for gift cards while others suggested simply extending the mile expiration by adding activity to the account.
The two lucky winners and there responses are:
- Leonard who said “I would use 4,500 miles to buy the FTD $40 gift card and then wait until there was a Airline Shopping Mall Promotion (ie. valentine day..) for X10 or more and use that as money for points for miles I actual want. As a matter of fact I think I will take my own advice right now.“
- Spencer F who said “Given that it’s been 48 days since AwardWallet last updated your Aeroplan account, I would first of all verify through Aeroplan that the miles are indeed expiring. Second, even if they are, as long as there is any activity in your account in the past 12 months (either earning or redemption) the clock should reset on expiration. I would look to see if you had a cheap way to reset the expiration clock, if the miles are indeed expiring.“
Great suggestions! Indeed the miles in my account are expiring so I will be doing something soon.
AwardWallet is great for tracking points and miles account balances. It really adds a degree of simplicity with tracking points and miles.
If you don’t already have an account, feel free to signup for a new account here or leave your referral link in the comment section below.
What would you do with 5,000 Aeroplan miles if they were about to expire?
- Earn Airline Miles With AwardWallet While Tracking Your Points, Miles & Travel Plans
- AwardWallet Plus Giveaway And New Features
- How To Track Points / Miles Online And Reduce Cards With AwardWallet
- Upcoming Trip Reports + Free Award Wallet Upgrade
- Free 5,000 Aeroplan Miles Posted Thanks To Travel Blogger
- I Will Have Earned 14,000 Aeroplan Miles Without Flying One Segment
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.