On Tuesday Delta will announce Diamond Status benefits, a 4th Tier level above Platinum status. There is a article over at Newsday detailing the benefits.
-The new diamond level will require 125,000 MQMs or fly 140 segments per calendar year
- A complimentary Delta Sky Club membership
- Diamond, platinum and gold Medallion members will have ticketing fees waived for all bookings, whether completed by phone, online or in person
- 125% bonus miles
- Award ticket upgrades (Golds/Plats/Diamonds)
- Unlimited award ticket redeposits (Platinum still get 2)
- VIP Phone Line
- Diamond and platinum members will choose from a list of benefits including new System wide upgrades, Bonus Miles, gifting Medallion status, SkyClub passes, Travel/Retail Gift Card
- Miles accumulated beyond each medallion level will be rolled over to the next year instead of not counting towards any additional status
These are great enhancements and will apply to the most loyal Delta traveller who reaches over 125,000 miles or 140 segments. That’s a lot of flying. Today the only incentives for flying on Delta once you reach the 75,000 Platinum status threshold are the threshold award gifts. The free Sky Club membership is a $300 value to a Platinum member, and removing the award booking fees for all members is a great move that is becoming a trend.