In this post I’ll detail my current go to rental car promotion and one that is coming up I’m keeping my eye on. There are a lot of rental car promotions out there and many factors to decide which one is best for you. Keeping an eye on which ones matter most to you can yield a significant amount of miles. For example, in this 2009 post, I illustrate how I earned over 151,000 Delta SkyMiles through Avis and Budget promotions in one year. Keep in mind, this is for my particular situation, you should tailor your rental pattern to maximize your rental value.
Go To Promotion – 3,000 One Pass Miles For Avis Rental
My go to promotion is currently running from now through June 30, 2011. You can earn up to 3,000 OnePass bonus miles and up to a 35% discount when renting with Avis. You’ll earn:
- 500 bonus miles for a 1-2 day rental
- 1,000 bonus miles for a 3-4 day rental
- 3,000 bonus miles for rentals of 5 days or more with Avis
- Use these promotion codes: MUAA018 – 500 bonus miles, MUAA019 – 1,000 bonus miles and MUAA020 – 3,000 bonus miles
Upcoming Promotion – 5,000 American Miles For Avis Rental
There is an upcoming promotion, referred to as aa5000, that I’m keeping an eye on, but it’s a bit nuanced. You will receive 5,000 American Airlines for a weekly rental. Below are the terms of the promotion:
- Book a weekly rental from May 1, 2011 through August 15, 2011
- Rental must take place between August 15, 2011 and December 15, 2011
- Valid in the U.S. and Canada
- Book using coupon code MUAA042
So it would seem that you have to book before August 15 and actually fulfill the rental after August 15 but before December 15. Can anyone confirm if this promotion is working yet?
By keeping an eye on current and future car rental promotions, you can maximize current rental value and plan ahead for future rentals. Maximizing car rental promotions that fit your award booking preferences will help you get to that award threshold a little bit faster, and sometimes a lot faster.