I have absolutely loved my time here in Oslo, Norway. However, I am having a hard time grasping how unbelievably expensive everything is. I am VERY fortunate to eliminate the costs of flights and hotels using United Miles and Club Carlson points but still…..this is crazy! Here is a peak into the receipts in my wallet.
- Single ride on the Metro – 6USD
- Short 10 minute one-way ferry ride – 8.50USD
- Cheapest draft beer I found all trip at a low key sports bar – 10USD
- Local Chicago Beer I found in a 12 oz. bottle – 18USD
- Baguette with Chicken and a 7Up – 25USD
- Pulled Pork Sandwich and a Beer – 35USD
And now to my favorite. I found this gem at a middle of the road restaurant and this was actually one of the cheapest items on the menu!
That burger was not made of Kobe beef!
I experienced the very pricey Tokyo in February but that was nothing compared to Oslo. Does it get any worse than this? I would love to know (and laugh about it)!