Emirates has partnered with AFAR Media, an experiential travel brand, to offer an experience to Johannesburg, South Africa. One lucky winner and a guest will travel in Emirates economy class from one of the 7 Emirates U.S. gateway cities. The experience is scheduled to visit Johannesburg, South Africa from October 8 to 11, 2012. You’ll get to experience the culture and learn history from the locals.
How To Enter
- Submit your information to the official Emirates entry page
- Must enter by by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on August 19, 2012
One winner and a guest will get the chance to experience Johannesburg with fellow passionate travelers.
- Exploring the township of Soweto, a vibrant and historically significant area that’s given the world two Nobel Peace Prize winners
- Engaging with locals at a home dinner
- Visiting the Apartheid Museum on a private guided tour
- Private access to the Wits Art Museum, featuring the works of South Africa’s hottest contemporary artists
- A farewell party in true African style with live music, dancing and authentic cuisine
Terms And Conditions
- Must be legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia age 18 or older at the time of entry
- The trip will consist of five (5) nights – one (1) room/double occupancy hotel accommodations
- Admission for winner and guest to the AFAR Experiences (“Event”)
- Plus two (2) round-trip Economy Class tickets to Johannesburg, South Africa on Emirates Airline
- Certain blackout dates may apply
- Random drawing will be conducted on or about 5:00 pm (ET) on August 27, 2012 at the offices of Ventura Associates International LLC, an independent judging organization (“judges”) whose decisions are final
- Winner and guest must travel on dates (currently scheduled for October 8-11, 2012)
- Departing/returning to any of the following seven (7) Emirates U.S. gateways: Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), New York (JFK), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) or Washington, DC (IAD)
- Winner and travel companion must depart from and return to the same city, on the same itinerary with the same departure and return dates
- Official rules
One day I hope to win one of these travel giveaways just to prove people win them. Until then, I’ll keep signing up for them as they come up. This would be a good way to see South Africa for free.