This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Here is something for you to stir on while you drink your morning cup of coffee. The My Starbucks Rewards loyalty program is making some enhancements on October 16, 2012. For those of you who don’t know, you can get rewarded for drinking Starbucks. The changes will go into effect on October 16 and are outlined below.
Say Hello Changes
1) Something Good On Your Birthday
- Now your free “birthday drink” is a free drink or food item on your big day**
2) Free Refills in the Store
- Go ahead, stay awhile. Enjoy free refills on iced or brewed coffee or tea while you’re in the store
This isn’t new, but can you say awesome? Granted, it will take you at least a few free refills to bring down the high Starbucks price to an average cost cup of coffee.
3) No More Postcards (#1 member-requested change)
- Your free drink (or food) will load right onto your Starbucks Card account. You’ll receive an email alert close to your birthday. Just bring your registered Starbucks Card or the Starbucks Card mobile app to a participating store and tell your barista.
Say Goodbye Changes
1) No More Free Syrups or Soy Milk
- We will no longer offer syrups and soy milk on the house
2) No More Free Tall Beverage With Bag of Beans
- Nor will we offer a free Tall beverage when you buy a bag of whole bean coffee
- We know this might sting, but we hope the happy new benefits will help ease the pain
Terms And Conditions
- *Free refills while you’re in the store
- **Free food options are single-serve only. Members can choose 1 free item per redemption. Does not include loaves, sets of bars, or Starbucks Evenings menu items
- Complete list of FAQs
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.