A great airline mile sharing promotion will end this week. I posted a few days ago about how one could take advantage of the promotion by sharing miles. So I took my own advice and shared miles with Mrs Weekly Flyer.
The results are in and we’ve shared 50,000 US Airways miles (we already had) to receive a bonus of 50,000 US Airways miles for only $567.50 plus the cost of the original 50,000 US Airways miles (we already had) that were shared. That is enough miles for a round trip Business Class ticket to Europe or a round trip Business Class ticket to North Asia according to the current US Airways award chart.
Share Miles And Get 100% Bonus
- What: Share miles with a friend before October 31, 2012 and your friend will get a 100% bonus
- How: Log in to your Dividend Miles account through the share miles promotion offer link and verify you can share miles with 100% bonus
- Detail: Valid on miles shared up to 50,000 for a 50,000 bonus
- Cost: Miles are shared for $0.01 per mile plus a processing fee of $30 and a tax recovery charge of 7.5%
- Total Cost To Share 50,000 Miles (Friend Gets 50,000 Bonus): $567.50
Mrs Weekly Flyer and I shared 50,000 miles to get a total of 100,000 US Airways miles into one of our accounts. The total cost was only $567.50 plus the cost of earning the original 50,000 that we initially transferred.
If you have enough US Airways miles to share, you could receive a 100% bonus at a low cost. If you don’t have enough miles to share, you could always purchase US Airways miles until 10/31/12 at a 100% bonus (higher cost) and then share the miles at the lower cost.
I received the 100% bonus and now have enough miles for a Business Class award ticket to Europe on US Airways or one of their partners.
Do you intend to take advantage of this offer before it expires on 10/31/12?