Did you know that you can add a free domestic flight on an international Delta award ticket? Those in the know, frequently add these extra segments to multiple international Delta award tickets to get extra flights.
In the past, we’ve shared how you can add a free one-way segment to a Delta award. In this post, we’ll share how we added a free one-way segment for all three passengers, myself, Mrs. Weekly Flyer and Baby Weekly Flyer, for free on an upcoming flight.
Our original routing would take us from Atlanta direct to St Thomas with a return to Atlanta. We are very excited for this trip, but why stop with just these flight segments when we can get more for free?
Add In Free One-Way Flight
Instead of starting and ending our trip in Atlanta, we decided to add on a segment to visit the mountains during ski season. We added on a one-way segment to the ATL > STT ticket that gets us to the mountains for free. No need to make the trips back to back since we have a full year to add on the segment. So we’ll wait a few months before heading to the mountains after our trip to the Caribbean.
Even though we got ourselves to Salt Lake City for free on a one-way ticket added to our Delta award itinerary, we’ll still need to get ourselves back from Salt Lake City. This can easily be accomplished with another free one-way award ticket on the front end of a trip. So for our next trip, yet to be determined, we’ll add a one-way from SLC to ATL with a stop-over, before heading out on our next journey. This way, we’ll accomplish a free trip to Salt Lake City in between two international award tickets.
Delta allows stop overs on international flights. Make sure to add a domestic one-way segment when you book international flights.
- How To Earn Delta Status Without Flying
- How To Book Delta One-Way Awards
- Free One-Way Delta Award Ticket
- Free Checked Bags For Friends With Split Reservations
- Check The Upgrade List Before You Fly
- Bonus 500 Miles When You Fly Delta
- Booking Strategy To Sit In Lie-Flat Business On Domestic Flights
- Illustration Of Strategy To Sit In Lie-Flat Business On Domestic Flights
- Demonstration On How To Book Business Class Award To French Polynesia
- Demonstration On How To Book Business Class Award To Seychelles
- Low Level Award Business Class Availability To Australia
- Low Level Award Business Class Availability To Shanghai
- Low Level Award Business Class Availability To Tokyo
- Delta’s 90k Business Class Ticket To Asia
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.
This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.