This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
United and Avis have teamed up to offer up to 2,525 United MileagePlus miles for qualifying car rentals. The car rentals must be booked with a specific promotion code and the rental must begin by April 30, 2013.
How To Earn MileagePlus Miles With Avis
- Book your Avis rental using Promotional Code: MUAA125
Members can earn miles based on the amount of days for a qualifying car rental with Avis.
- 1 day will earn 725 miles
- 2 days will earn 800 miles
- 3 days will earn 1,275 miles
- 4 days will earn 1,350 miles
- 5 days will earn 2,525 miles
Terms And Conditions
- Bonus miles are in addition to the 75 base award miles per rental day. Premier® members can earn an additional 50 bonus award miles per day. Rentals booked through united.com earn an additional 150 miles per rental. Bonus miles offer valid on all car groups.
- Offer of 500 bonus award miles is valid on a qualifying rental of a minimum of one day and maximum of two consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- Offer of 900 bonus award miles is valid on a qualifying rental of a minimum of three consecutive days and maximum of four consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- Offer of 2,000 bonus award miles is valid on a qualifying rental of a minimum of five consecutive days at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
- An advance reservation is required. Rental must begin by April 30, 2013.
- The savings of up to 35% applies to the time and mileage charges only. Discount offer does not apply to car group X. Please mention AWD K019376 to receive your discount. Please mention coupon number MUAA125 to receive bonus-miles offer. Offer may not be used with any other coupon, promotion or offer except your AWD discount.
- Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges ($10/contract in CA) and fuel charges are extra. Car rental return restrictions may apply. Offer subject to change without notice. Optional items such as LDW ($35.99/day or less) and other surcharges may apply and are extra.
- MileagePlus number must be mentioned at the time of reservation or at the rental counter to receive base and bonus miles. Frequent flyer surcharge of up to $0.75 USD per day may apply.
- Offer is subject to vehicle availability at the time of rental and may not be available on some rates at some times, including some online rates at Avis.com.
- Holiday and other blackout periods may apply.
- Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum rental age may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old.
- Miles accrued, awards and benefits issued are subject to change and are subject to the rules of the United MileagePlus program. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus miles to post to your account. United may change the MileagePlus program, including but not limited to rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers, or terminate the MileagePlus program at any time and without notice. Bonus award miles, award miles and any other miles earned through non-flight activity do not count toward or qualify for Premier status unless expressly stated otherwise. United and its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the member. The accumulation of mileage or Premier status or any other status does not entitle members to any vested rights with respect to the program. United and MileagePlus are registered service marks.
Renting a car is sometimes a must when traveling. I personally prefer to rent a car where possible rather than take a taxi or car service. It allows me to get out and explore what ever area I’m visiting. Bonus mile offers come and go, so if you are renting a car, make sure you check out what mile earning options are available. I always check mile earning options and it can pay off significantly. For example, in 2009, I earned over 100,000 Delta SkyMiles in 1 year just from renting a car every week.
What car rental promotions are you currently using to earn miles with each car rental? What’s been you best haul of miles or points with a car rental?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.