This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
The April Frequent Traveler University event is popular because attendees will have a chance to attend the weekend frequent flyer program while catching up on the latest frequent flyer stories with old and new friends.
Unfortunately it’s so popular it sold out earlier this year. But if you are still looking for a ticket, you are in luck. We are giving away one ticket to the April FTU event through our antipodal challenge.
It’s easy to enter for your chance at arguably one of the last available tickets to the April FTU event in Washington, DC. Simply subscribe to our email subscription and leave a comment in this post with the location you’ve traveled to that is closest to your antipodal point.
The antipodal point of any location on earth is the diametrically opposite point on the Earth’s surface, otherwise the exact opposite side of the earth. As a kid, the running playground joke was to ask a friend if they planned to dig to China. Which was never realistic, but it is now realistic to hop on a plane and fly to or “near” your antipodal point thanks to points and miles.
How To Enter
Simply follow the steps below for your chance to win.
- Subscribe to Points, Miles & Martinis by clicking here and entering your email address (max 1 email a day in the mid afternoon)
- Leave a comment in this post with the location closest to your antipodal point on the earth’s surface
- Must leave a comment regarding the location you’ve visited that is closest to the antipodal point of your home, hometown or current location
- Must be a subscriber to Points, Miles & Martinis email subscription
- One winner will be selected at random from all valid entries
- Only one entry per person
- Winner will be selected on Friday, April 5th in the late afternoon
- Winner will receive (1) ticket to the April FTU event in Washington, DC, a $100 value
Frequent Traveler University
April 27th, 2013 – April 28th, 2013
Hilton McLean Tysons Corner
7920 Jones Branch Dr, Tysons Corner, VA 22102, USA
- Winner will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the event
The FTU events are a great way to learn the basic strategies or more advanced tactics of the points and miles game. Using these strategies to earn points and miles may help you actually visit your antipodal point around the world.
Share your antipodal point and signup for our email for your chance to win.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.