This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
The first newly reconfigured A330 with the flat-bed Business Elite seats is being reported to be DL flight 117 from ATL to DTW on Tuesday, April 16th, 2013. The flight on Delta’s website is still showing it will be operated by a 757-200 plane, but the seat map shows otherwise.
The seat map shows the Business Elite cabin to have a 1-2-1 configuration of 9 rows.
Back in 2011, Delta announced their plans to install flat-bed seating in the Business Elite cabin.
Delta today announced it now plans to install 34 horizontal flat-bed BusinessElite seats with direct aisle access in each of its 32 Airbus A330 aircraft by 2013. With this announcement, Delta now plans to offer full flat-bed seating in BusinessElite on all international widebody flights, or more than 150 aircraft, by 2013.
The last time I flew on one of Delta’s A330, I sat in the old pod style Business Elite seats from the Northwest days. The newly reconfigured flat-bed seats should be a huge improvement.
If you want to take a seat in Delta’s new flat-bed seat, picking DL flight 117 on Tuesday is only $61 more than coach.
Hat tip to Delta Non-Rev and for DeltaPoints for pointing it out.
- Delta flat-bed Business Elite award at low level to Hawaii
- Delta A330 International Business Class on domestic route from Los Angeles
- Delta Lie-Flat Domestic Routes 11/25 – Big Repositioning Day For 747, 767, 777
- Delta Secrets – Delta’s Domestic Flat-Bed Routes And Delta New York JFK To Los Angles 4x Daily Flat-Bed Business Elite Service For Summer
- Delta’s Domestic ex-New York Flat-Bed Routes
- Another Domestic Delta Lie-Flat Route For 767
- Two More Delta Flat Bed Routes – One Dedicated And Another On Limited Basis
- Another Domestic Delta Route With Flat-Bed Service On International Configured Plane
- Delta’s 757 Business Elite Seats – Holiday Traveling Isn’t So Bad
- Upgrade – Delta International Business Class On 767 Domestic Flight
- Delta’s Dedicated Routes With Lie Flat Business
- Delta 767 International Business Class Review On Domestic Route
- Delta 767 Old Style Business Seat And 777 Flight Tomorrow
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.