This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
The Hyatt house is expanding across the country and is adding new perks such as the Very Important Resident (VIR), Morning Spread and Hyatt Has It.
Very Important Resident
Guests staying 30 nights or more on a single stay at a Hyatt House hotel will earn the Very Important Resident (VIR) status which will allow the guest to enjoy the following benefits:
- Personalized service: Hyatt Hosts will learn the guests personal preferences to make guests feel right at home during their stays
- Pick-Your-Suite: This is actually my favorite perk. Having the same room week after week is a nice touch that can help make the experience on the road more comfortable. Guests can pick their own suite from available rooms at the time of their arrival.
- VIR Key Card: VIR status designated key card to that VIR guest is recognizable
- VIR Tour: Personalized tour by hotel management
- “Favorites” Folio: A place in the guest folio to note likes and dislikes
- Grocery Shopping Service: This is my second favorite perk. The last thing you want to do after a long day on the road is go find a store and pick up little items that you need during your stay. Hyatt House Host will stock the guests refrigerators and kitchens with their favorite food items before their arrival.
- Grub Stub: Redeem for a $10 food and beverage credit from the H BAR or the Guest Market
- Scrub Stub: Voucher redeemable for one washer and dryer cycle
- VIP Welcome Amenity: Select an amenity of choice to be waiting upon arrival
The morning spread is a new complimentary breakfast spread offering build-your-own Omelet Bar, oatmeal, yogurts, fresh fruit and other breakfast goodies. Of course it is complimentary.
Hyatt Has It
We’ve all been there. I’ve forgotten to bring items on a trip more times than I can count over the years. Guests will now be able to borrow from House Hosts items from curling irons to cell phone chargers to blenders!
Overall the changes are a welcome enhancement for long term travelers. The grocery shopping service and pick-your-suite are my favorite two features of the new Very Important Resident. Hyatt Has It will give travelers the chance to borrow items that may have been forgotten and a big morning spread is always a great way to start the day.
Of all the changes, which will you likely use?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.